These House Rules apply to your use of the Website and any other website, Facebook page, YouTube channel and other social media service made available by Aspen Australia (Aspen, we or us) from time to time (the Services). Aspen Australia is comprised of Aspen Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (ABN 75 146 444 484) and its subsidiaries, including Aspen Pharmacare Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 51 096 236 985), Aspen Pharma Pty Ltd (ABN 88 004 118 594), Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Limited ACN 160607509 , Orphan Holdings Pty Ltd (ABN 50 115 816 209), Orphan Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 11 067 189 342) and Aspen Products Pty Ltd (ABN 17 003 144 170).
1. User behaviour
Users are responsible for the content they post and must not post anything which falls into the following categories:
- material which may cause distress or offence to others, including (but not limited to):
- using swear words, including abbreviations or alternative spellings, or other language which may offend;
- material which may cause offence on the grounds of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, disability or religion, or which contains sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable material;
- abusive or threatening language, or criticism of the personal choices of others;
- comments that are deliberately provocative or intended to stir up trouble;
- defamatory or disrespectful comments that may harm the reputation of an individual or organisation;
- material which infringes any applicable law, the intellectual property or other rights of any individual or organisation, or promotes or incites illegal behaviour;
- material which is fraudulent or misleading, or could lead users to believe that the poster is someone else or representing someone else (where that is not the case);
- spam, other technical interference or content that contains malicious software or may otherwise harm other users’ computers or impair Aspen’s infrastructure;
- information that could be interpreted as medical advice;
- material which is mainly for commercial or self-promotional purposes, or “off topic” (i.e. unrelated to the aims and purposes of the relevant Service);
- material which contains personal details, medical information or contact information;
- any other material which adversely affects the ability of other users to enjoy the Services; or
- links to websites which include any of the above.
- We reserve the right to remove without notice any content that contravenes our House Rules and users may be permanently banned from using our Services if they continue to break these rules.
- We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting inappropriate content or materials.
- We reserve all of our rights against any user who violates any of our House Rules.
- You acknowledge that the Services are a means of public and not private communication and that all content on the Services is available to, and can be seen by, the general public.
- Before you upload anything or tag someone, make sure you have the permission of every person included as well as the parent or guardian of anyone under 18 who is included.
- Any content you post on our Services may be reproduced or stored by, and may be used for the internal research purposes of, Aspen or another member of the Aspen group.
4. Our liability
- We do not necessarily endorse and are not responsible for the links (or content linked to), comments, references (including reference to particular people), opinions, claims, advice or other content shared via the Services by any user.
- As far as legally permissible, we assume no responsibility or liability arising from users’ posts. We assume no responsibility for checking information posted on any of our Services for accuracy.
- The Services may contain general information relating to various medical conditions and their treatment. The content on the Services is provided for general information and education purposes only and any opinions expressed are not those of, or endorsed by, the medical profession. It is not intended as medical or healthcare advice or to be a substitute for the advice of a healthcare professional. Always obtain the advice of a healthcare professional in respect of any medical conditions or concerns and before starting a new treatment plan or proceeding on the basis of any information on the Services. The information contained throughout the Services is intended only for general information purposes in Australia.
- Aspen does not and cannot provide medical advice to consumers or patients. Please contact your doctor or healthcare professional if you have any questions about your medical condition or its treatment. For an Aspen prescription product you will find information on that product in the Consumer Medicine Information sheet available on the Aspen Website at the ‘Patient Resources’ tab.
- Should you refer to an adverse event or relay information regarding the safety of one or more of our products via our Services, please be aware that we have internal and external reporting obligations and may seek details from you to meet these reporting requirements.
- Unfortunately we are not able to assist with queries or comments relating to infants under 12 months, infant formula or prescription products on our Services. Please do not post any such queries or comments on our Services but instead email us [email protected] on or call on 02 8436 8300.
5. Use of services
- Images, videos and other content posted by Aspen and displayed on our Services are either the property of, or used with permission by, Aspen. You may only use the materials on the Services for personal and non-commercial use and as permitted by law. You may not use those materials for any public or commercial purposes, without our prior written permission or as otherwise permitted by law. All copyright and other proprietary notices contained in or on those materials must be preserved and retained.
6. Competitions and promotions
- Competitions and promotions run by us are subject to additional terms.